Family Law: From Divorce To Parenting
At Big Valley Law in Harrisonburg, Virginia, our attorneys have more than three decades of combined experience in the practice of family law. We will work closely with you to explain your legal options and give you the information you need. As the case moves forward, we will use efficient communication to keep you in the loop at all times.
Complex Family Law Situations
Marriage is fast and simple. Divorce can be the opposite. Family law issues you may have to deal with include:
- Child custody: What type of custody arrangement will be best for your kids?
- Child support: How much are you or your ex legally obligated to pay?
- Spousal support: Does one person need to support an ex financially, even for years after the divorce?
- Complex property division: Who gets the investments? What about pension plans or life insurance policies?
- Simple property division: Should you keep the home or sell it? How do you divide bank accounts and household assets?
- Modifications: Once that court order comes down, can you change it? What steps do you need to take?
- Parenting plans: How do two people work together to be parents even when they’re no longer a couple? How do you focus on the children’s best interests?
These are all examples of questions parents ask us every day. Remember, every case is unique. Let us guide you through yours.
How To Reach Us
We are here for you. We know what your family means to you, and you can rest assured that our family law lawyers take it just as seriously as you do.