Unable to visit us in person because of the Coronavirus? We offer full consultations by phone.

The court system remains in operation with some modifications to their procedures. We are still filing new cases and will work to bring your case to a resolution. We are here to help you with your criminal case and other legal needs. We are prepared to handle your case via e-mail and over the phone. Have any questions? Call us now, so we can get you on the phone with an attorney who can help.

The Help You Need
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » 
  5. Divorce
  6.  » Post Judgment


After Divorce: Post-Judgment Modification

A divorce agreement is not black and white. Life can change for better or worse. That may mean adjustments are needed in custody, visitation or child support.

Remarriage, a change in employment or income, health problems, an abusive situation or criminal actions may require changes in your divorce agreement pertaining to your financial support or your custody arrangements.

The court-ordered arrangement is not necessarily permanent. You can negotiate with the other party or petition the court to make adjustments. On the flip side, you also have the right to contest a modification request by the other party.

Whether you need to petition for a change or challenge the other party’s request for a modification, it is important to seek experienced legal counsel like you will find at Big Valley Law.

As your legal counselors, Big Valley Law will work diligently to help you explore your options and make informed decisions on how to proceed with post-judgment modifications.