Big Valley Law Martin & Hahn, PLLC
View Our Practice Areas

Harrisonburg Virginia Legal Blog

Virginia's demerit point system

On your commute to work, you probably witness countless traffic violations. Drivers are speeding, changing lanes without signaling, tailgating and even texting while driving. It can be infuriating, especially when you know that such behavior selfishly places your life and safety in danger.

If you are honest with yourself, you know that you have probably had more than one morning when your alarm clock didn't do its job, and you found yourself racing along Interstate 81, no holds barred, to get to work on time. If you ended up with a traffic citation, you may think it's no big deal. In Virginia, however, it can be a very big deal, and understanding the potential ramifications of violating the traffic code may prompt you to take the necessary actions to avoid a conviction.

Financial issues that trip up amicable divorces

If you and your spouse have decided to divorce, you may have weighed several options for going through the process. You may be like many couples who prefer to keep the breakup simple and as amicable as possible, perhaps using collaboration or mediation to avoid a drawn-out court battle. As far as you know, things should go smoothly, but if this is your first experience at a marriage breakup, you may be unsure of what to expect.

While every marriage is unique and every divorce has its special circumstances, some issues commonly arise when most couples reach the point of dealing with the financial aspects of their marriages. If you fail to gain the appropriate information about these issues and secure legal advice that will protect your rights, you may find that your plans for an amicable breakup may quickly lose footing.

Email Us For A Response

Tell Us About Your Legal Issue

Bold labels are required.

Contact Information

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.


Privacy Policy

Big Valley Law Martin & Hahn, PLLC

Harrisonburg Office
139 N Liberty Street
Suite 201
Harrisonburg, VA 22802

Phone: 540-208-1510
Fax: 540-433-1104
Harrisonburg Law Office Map

Woodstock Office
521 N Main Street
Office 101
Woodstock, VA 22664

Phone: 540-208-1510
Fax: 540-433-1104
Map & Directions

Staunton Office
1524 N Augusta Street
Staunton, VA 24401

Phone: 540-208-1510
Fax: 540-433-1104
Map & Directions